Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Our Christmas Day

What a day we had!! Food, Family and Fun. We started the day with just the Esparzas and the FitzRandolphs. We opened presents then had a breakfast birthday party for Jesus. We forgot to take pictures of breakfast...I guess we didn't have enough coffee in us to be that functional yet :D Then it was time to get dressed and start cooking...oh, the turkey got into the oven late but it was probably a good thing; it was ready pretty much on time...I think. People started arriving and setting up the tables and chairs for dinner. Thank you to everyone who helped. Christmas for us couldn't happen unless there is alot of help. I'll start the pics.

Opening presents Esparzas and FitzRandolphs:








We don't have pictures of the cooking (read full kitchen) but we do have pics of dinner...the adult table anyway



We actually had a table for little kids, a table for the big kids and then a table for the food. There were 20 adults and 19 kids. We had some special guests, friends of my Dad. They are very nice and I was so glad to have them join us.

Jag

Geeta

After dinner the tables come down and we open presents...oh my word, may I say chaos??? It is a fun time though, a good lesson in patience because we start with the youngest and go up to the oldest. This year we did do something we haven't done before (a suggestion of my Dad's which I hope we continue) we sang carols together as a family. Andy played the guitar. The next time Dawn and Matt are here it will be Andy and Matt playing together, right Matt?? :)




Jag and Geeta's little girl opening her gift

Mom and Dad made stilts for all little boys. Here are others trying them out...


...including Brad, I just happen to catch him at a bad moment. He really is quite good at them :)


Toward the evening, after some people had left, we played games. I made a mistake while reading something and we all laughed so hard. Some of us harder than others...I think we were a bit punchy by that point. It was so fun. Autumn is the one to encourage playing games...I'm so glad she does that. I love playing games but don't think about it. Thanks Aut.

And last but not least a picture of Papa and Elijah. I think we all felt this way at the end of the day. I love this picture!!



I hope all of you had a wonderful, God glorifying day, full of happy memories. I did, I think I agree with Erik...It was the best Christmas ever :D

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Hope's new luggage. Too cute! I agree that the picture of Grandpa and baby is so precious.

Gina said...

LOVE the picture of R and Elijah!!! how sweet!!!

Kim said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and wow...so many people!!! Are they all at your house? I love seeing all the pictures! Hope new luggage is adorable!

Happy New Year to your family!

Krista said...

It was fun reading about your day. We had a fun quiet day here in Tallahassee with just the four of us. This was the first Christmas since we have been married that we have not spent Christmas with family. It was actually a really fun thing to do...especially since we have little ones.

Becky Arnold said...

These are great pictures! God has blessed y'all. Thanks for the info on the sleeping. And, yes, my first thought today is getting back to exercise. I knew I should have yesterday, but I was so tired, I didn't do it. Excuses, excuses, excuses. I hope to get back in it today. I know it will help. I did sleep more last night. PTL! Ate better yesterday, went through my routine, put on my eye mask.......only took an hour and a half last night to get to sleep.
:D

Holly said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Holly said...

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one, either! :)

Becky Arnold said...

Thanks, girl. I will try a Claritin tonight. Some things feel better tonight, but my ears are still hurting. I am going to rest, rest, rest......and try a Claritin! Thanks, friend. I hope you are better. I'll miss seeing you tomorrow.

Becky Arnold said...

It is time to come out and play again......do some blogging! I am so glad your grandson is better! PTL! That doctor friend was a gift from the Lord! Have a good week!