Monday, December 12, 2005
I'm going to try posting a picture of our tree. I hope it works. When I was growing up I couldn't imagine a tree without silver garland and silver icicles. Now I can't believe I thought I couldn't live without it :) I like our tree alot, especially our tree top. Unfortunately you can't see it really well in the picture. It is a crown of thorns, painted gold. It is really from Israel. It reminds me that the reason we have Christmas was so God could provide His own sacrifice for my sins.
We had our Christmas cantata last night and our worship pastor emphisized that it was because of Love that God sent His Son. Just because He loved us not because we had or have any love for God or because there is anything lovable about us. So as you make your preparations for Christmas...baking, decorating, buying, wrapping, enjoying lights and such remember it is all because of Jesus that we do this and it is all because of God's great love for us that we have this time of Christmas.
On a different note, but still part of my Christmas blessings this year, both of my daughters, their husbands and my three and 7/10 grandchildren will be here this week :) I'm very excited! It is going to be a very exciting Christmas, very lively too...25 or more people here on Christmas day. God is so good to me. My prayer is each of you recongize His goodness to you too :)
Merry Christmas to each of you!!!
Monday, November 21, 2005
1)First and formost I'm thankful for my Savior! Why would God choose me out of billions of people? I'm overwhelmed by His love
2)My husband, in so many ways he shows me the love of Christ by loving me when I am unlovable. Thank you Hon!!!
3)My three beautiful, wonderful girls (Autumn, Dawn and Hope). They challenge me, teach me and bring me much joy and pride
4)My 3 and 2/3 grandchildren (one will be coming in March) They make me smile and bring me joy. People said there is nothing like being a grandparent...they are right.
5)My parents, they are my good friends. They are examples of godly living
6)My mentor, Diane. She loves me enough to tell me the truth even though it might hurt...she knows it is for my good and Gods glory
7)My dear sweet freinds...there are several. God uses them to encourage me. They are His shoulder when I need to cry or His arms when I need a hug
8)My church...What a blessing our church is, that sounds very cliche' but I go to a unique church with incredible leadership
9)My extended family (bros, sister, sisters in law, sons in law) I'm so glad we are a close (for the most part) family
10)Last the material blessing from the Lord-my home, my van, daily provision of clothing and food, most of my wants, all of my needs
There are ten, I could go on and on...like I'm thankful for technology that allows me to talk to Autumn and Dawn daily. I think you get the point. God is beyond good and gracious to us. The fact that we awaken every morning with our heart beating and our lungs taking in air is His grace. Praise Him!!!!!
Monday, November 14, 2005
| You scored as Marianne Dashwood. You're Marianne Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! More dramatic and emotional than your sister Elinor, you have no trouble saying what you think and showing people how you feel about them. However, you usually know when to keep your mouth shut. |
Which Jane Austen heroine are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
Friday, November 11, 2005
For the Yankee test: 55% (Dixie). Right on the Mason-Dixon Line
KEYS TO YOUR HEART QUIZ:
You are attracted to good manners and elegance.
In love, you feel the most alive when your lover is creative and never lets you feel bored.
You'd like to your lover to think you are stylish and alluring.
You would be forced to break up with someone who was emotional, moody, and difficult to please.
Your ideal relationship is lasting. You want a relationship that looks to the future... one you can grow with.
Your risk of cheating is zero. You care about society and morality. You would never break a commitment.
You think of marriage as something precious. You'll treasure marriage and treat it as sacred.
In this moment, you think of love as something you can get or discard anytime. You're feeling self-centered
FUNKY INNER HAIR COLOR: WHITE
Classy, stylish, and eloquent.You've got a way about you that floors everyone you meet
I'm going to shorten these answers...
I'm 80% average american
20% boyish, 80% girlish ( I'm glad of that!!)
Okay, last one, I need to go to bed. What do you all think?
|Your Personality Profile|
You are pure, moral, and adaptable.
You tend to blend into your surroundings.
Shy on the outside, you're outspoken to your friends.
You believe that you live a virtuous life...
And you tend to judge others with a harsh eye.
As a result, people tend to crave your approval.
Sunday, November 06, 2005
I never know what to post about. I was talking to Autumn today and told her about my fall center piece and she said I should post a picture of it, sooo here it is. Hope acutually did the flowers in the pumpkin basket. She did a great job!! She is very creative :)
I've done alot of Christmas shopping in the last week. I have finished my shopping for the Bruckman part of the family :) I'm very excited about the gifts for them. I have no idea about the Esparza part of the family...except I did get something for the baby, even though he/she won't be born by Christmas. I need to start wrapping presents or I'm going to have a ton to do at one time.
Autumn and the children were here...a week ago, they brought thier friends Angela and Aiden. I was so glad to meet one of Autumn's friends :) Aiden is just adorable. It is always great to see Erik, Hailey and Noah...I can't wait for Christmas because they will be back! I would post some more pics but Aut has posted about thier trip. (BTW, Angela, I saw the pic of your baked potato soup...YUUUMMM, it looks delicious) I won't be making soup here for awhile...we are suppose to be in the 80s this week. How crazy is that, in November :P
I do need to go eat something, haven't really eaten all day. Enjoy the post, Autumn :)
Thursday, September 29, 2005
Father in heaven, I thank you for the priviledge of being your child and the recipient of your abundant blessings.
Thursday, August 18, 2005
- my eyes
- my nose
- my continuing to homeschool for the eighth year
Three physical things you don't like about yourself:
- my weight
- my big legs
- my lack of discipline
Three things that scare you:
-FLYING, can I put that three times? :)
- that I could be sexually assaulted
Three of your everyday essentials:
-praying with Hope and Richard before bed
Three things you are wearing now:
- black capris
- pink and black striped shirt
Three of your favorite bands or musical artists:
- Todd Murray
- Josh Groban
- Kyle Matthews
Three things you want in a relationship:
Two truths and a lie: (in any order)
- I had my first child at 17
- Once I fainted while going to the bathroom
- I always do the speed limit
Three of your favorite hobbies:
- talking to my children on IM
- computer scrapbooking
Three things you really want to do right now:
- go to sleep
- snap my fingers and see my house sparkling clean and it would stay that way
-be the ideal weight and be as healthy as I can be
Three careers you'd consider:
- Wife/mom...the best job in my opinion and grateful this is my job :)
Three places you want to go on vacation:
- The Grand Hotel on Macinkac Island
- to see my grandchildren
- anywhere near the water...ocean, lake or river
Three things you want to do before you die:
- see all my children walking closely with the LORD
- fly without fear
- live in a way that people really see Jesus in me and are drawn to HIM as a result
Friday, August 12, 2005
2. If you were given an extra $10 in change at Walmart, what would you do with it and why? I would return it, period
3. What's the biggest lesson you've learned from your past relationships? It is hard to answer this one. Find your fulfillment/worth in your relationship with the Lord, don't look to other people. A physical relationship is not going to keep a relationship going...it will most likely ruin it, unless of course it is in marriage the way God intended. I'm not sure I conveyed what I really wanted to but that is all I can come up with right now
4. What's one of your worst habits? OOO, this is a toughy, I have so many. Wasting time on the computer
5. What was the best day of the past week for you - Not sure, Sunday probably...a great sermon and lunch with friends
6. What are you wearing today which is most reflective of who you are? does red toenail polish count?
7. Choose a unique item from your wallet and explain why you carry it around. Unique? hmmm, oh right now I have Hope's American girl club braclet in my wallet. It broke in the car and I haven't taken it out of my wallet to fix it yet
8. If you could change one thing about your physical appearance what would it be and why? my weight and firmness, I'm working on those. After that the blubby skin on my abdomen
9. Share one of your most embarrassing moments. I must have put them all out of my mind
10. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to go back in time and fix all your mistakes which would you choose? I agree with my girls, my past, mistakes and all, make me who I am today.
11. If you were given a million dollars and 24 hours to spend it in, (no depositing it in the bank or investing it) what would you buy? Oh my word, I would pay off the debts of my family members who need that....I would spend it on the things my children and grandchildren need and some of what they want
12. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what's the first thing you look at? My eyes then I check for chin hair (gross but part of aging)
13. How much cash do you have on you? maybe 1.50 in change
14. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"? Rest
15. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? I have no idea
16. What is your main ring tone on your phone? main ring tone is the sound of chirpping birds
17. Do you prefer a bright or dark room? Bright
18. What did you have for breakfast? 2 cups of coffee and 15 macadamia nuts as I ran out the door to hand therapy
19. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping
20. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say? I don't get text messages
21. Do you ever click on "Pop Ups" or Banners? have pop up blocker, thank the Lord
22. Who told you they loved you last? Richard
23. Last furry thing you touched? our dog, Dune
24. How many hours a week do you work? I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom and a wife, need I say more??
25. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed? One from Hope's jr hi canoe trip
26. Favorite age you have been so far? 42, I don't want to have to relive any mistakes
27. Your worst enemy? my flesh
28. What is your current desk top picture? Autumn, Andy and the children from their Easter picture
29. What was the last thing you said to someone? "I'm not going to do that" I just said it to Hope b/c she wants me to finish this instead of talk on IM with her big sisters :)
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Hope is doing well...still needing heavy pain meds occaionally. It hurts her to smile, but it is hard for her not too :)
I'm soooo excited my wonderful brother, Skip just called, he is coming over to start painting the downstairs. YEA!!! :)
Monday, August 08, 2005
I'm taking Hope to have a tiny oral surgery, a frenectomy (the little piece of skin that holds your bottom lip up needs a little nip)
Yesterday's sermon was great, Jim Elliff spoke on James 4:13-17. You should listen to it www.bclr.org
Saturday, August 06, 2005
Well, Autumn how is that? I love you :)