Thursday, August 10, 2006

AAHHH, Dawn tagged me

I was so excited to see the Galant had tagged Dawn. I wanted to see what books she would talk about...I didn't think about the fact I might get tagged. This is a hard question, but I will try. I do reserve the right to add some in future posts and like Dawn, the Bible is excluded here because it is the obvious answer to the questions :)

One book that changed your life:
No one has probably heard of this one but it is "Plain Bread" by former 700 club host Ben Kinchlow (I think that is how you spell his name). The Lord used that book to bring me to my knees and to Himself. The book "Psycobabble" has also made a huge impact on me recently. It is by Dr. Richard Ganz

One book you've read more than once:
This is not going to be a spiritual answer. I don't think I have read any "spriritual" books more than once, although there are some I do want to read again. Now for my answer...Charlotte's Web :) I have read it 5-6 times in my life time. I can't wait for the live action film to come out in December.

One book you'd want on a desert island:
Well, I hate to be a copy-cat but a desert island survival guide is a good idea.

One book that made you laugh:
Oh my goodness, a couple of years ago during school with Hope we read a book called "The Great Turkey Walk". I really don't laugh out loud much but it was hard to even read parts of this book because it was so funny.

One book that made you cry:
I cried with each of the Mark of the Lion series that Dawn mentioned. Where the Red Fern Grows, Little Britches...um that is more that one isn't it? :)

One book you wish had been written:
The books that are floating around in Matt's head and the book Jaclyn may write someday :)

One book you wish had never been written:
This is hard because every book ever written God has used to bring to fruition His plan for the world for example, "Origin of the Species" God has used to degrade the human race which will ultimately bring the Antichrist which will ultimately usher in the New Heaven and the New Earth...all I can say is Maranatha!!!!!

One book you're currently reading:
Oh my, I'm not reading just one book at present. May I list just a few? "God's Solutions for Lifes Problems" Wayne and Josh Mack, "Love to Eat Hate to Eat" Elyse Fitzpatrick, "And the Stones Cry Out" I don't remember the author, and for school with Hope "Murder for Her Majesty". I don't remember that author either.

One book you've been meaning to read:
I agree with Dawn ::sigh:: there are so many!!!
The Battle for the Beginning-John McArthur
Before the Flood-an Answers in Genesis book
A Place of Quiet Rest
I could go on but I won't since it is supposed to be one book.

I told Dawn I wouldn't tag anyone since really no one else reads my blog and I don't really have anyone to tag :) This was fun. Thanks for the tag Dawn...oh, tell Matt I tag him :) when he gets a chance.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Ooo! Yes, I will tell Matt!

How can we get those two to write their books???

Katie said...

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I am trying very hard to put effort into this as it seems like a great way to share thoughts. I will look forward to reading your blog as well!
Thanks!