Friday, September 29, 2006

Turning 44


It is my birthday. I turn 44 today. Alot of women don't like to admit their age, don't like aging. I think that is sad. I have had 44 years of God's grace poured out in my life. He has cared for me, protected me, provided for me, loved me, been patient with me. He has shown me Himself over and over. I'm glad I'm 44. I haven't had a horrible life or a particularly trying life but there have been bumps on the road. Bumps I wouldn't want to relive but bumps I wouldn't want to be without because they have been used by God, permitted by God, to make me into the person I am today. I am the person God wants me to be TODAY. I'm not where I need to be or where I will be but I trust I am where I am suppose to be for today. So ask me my age, I'll proudly tell you I'm 44 years old because of God's grace

5 comments:

Autumn said...

How was your birthday dinner? :)

Kathie said...

My birthday dinner was lovely. We went to a place called Gaucho's Grill. It is a brazilan restaurant. It was so good. It was hard to control myself but I did :) It is a glutton's paradise. You pay one price and then guys come around and you get meat right off of the skewer...there are 12 different kinds plus 6 side dishes, like mashed tates, on the table. You can eat, rest eat some more. It was very tasty. I had a good day over all. Maybe when you all come here we could take you :)

Dawn said...

Who will watch the kids?? ;-) And how much was it again? Should we start saving now? :-P

Cjsmomx6 said...

We should all go there, together. I think they could accomadate us all and I would definitely start saving now. :)

Autumn said...

oh wait, didn't she said "WE'd take you?" ...

;) j/k!