Monday, August 01, 2011

Life

Sometimes life is really hard and emotions get the best of me. Now is one of those times. This past weekend was difficult.
~A sweet young couple, who I've known since forever, the wife was a good friend of my daughter since jr. high (?), lost their little boy. She was around 37 weeks pregnant. I can.not imagine what they are going through. I can.not imagine leaving the hospital with empty arms. In the last 18 months to two years I've heard about too many babies dying before they are born. I hurt for those mommas and daddies. Such pain, but I know these families know the Lord so there is grace and hope.... I pray they have peace and comfort. I know God is good.... regardless of life circumstances.
~Yesterday at church was the most stunning announcement of my life (maybe). Our worship/missions pastor, who I have known for 25 years is leaving our church. It is for good reasons. He and his sweet wife want to care for her parents in their old age. They live in Florida. In the last several years we have so many changes in our pastoral staff. I am learning I don't like change (does that make me old?) Todd and Tandy leaving is most painful. I can't even explain it. I don't want to be selfish but where else does the pain come from? Todd and Tandy's last Sunday is TWO days before we leave to take Hope to college....another hard change!
~Also, during church yesterday the Lord revealed an area of pride in my life. I have felt offended by someone in our church. It is all me. This person, I think, would be sad to know that they would do anything offend me. Honestly all they are doing is living their life and I struggle with being left out of it. Shameful, prideful isn't it? I'm praying and begging the Lord to change my heart toward this person. I don't think it is something I need to go to them about because like I said it is my heart issue. I believe the Lord will change my heart, I know He doesn't want me to stay where I am.
I'm so glad He is the God who does not change and that He is the God who can change me. I trust that in all that has happened this weekend and all that I've had to think about this weekend He will use to change me more into the image of His son and for His glory.

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

Praying for you, friend. We are in such an emotional hurricane right now...... a place where my feelings don't match my faith. I will be praying for you guys this week. Love you!