Thursday, January 05, 2006

Christmas 2005 Part 1

Well the house is very quiet now. Autumn and Andy and the grandchildren left the evening of New Years Day. Dawn and Matt left early the Monday after. My goodness it was a fun, busy two and a half weeks. Here are some memories

Dawn's baby shower: it is hard to believe just about 19 months ago we were having the bridal shower at the Shaver's home. It was a wonderful shower...good people, fun presents and great food.

Chuck E. Cheese with the grandchildren: Pizza, rides, games and tickets for prizes...need I say more. I told Erik that it will be a tradition to go to Chuck E. Cheese when they visit Nini :)

Sewing: This actually started at the beginning of December. I made Hope's Christmas dress...the top was to big so we shopped for a different top. It was fun to do with Autumn and Dawn, good to have thier opinions/help ;) Hope ended up wearing her Christmas dress on New Years day because she wasn't feeling well on Christmas day and stayed home with Aut/Andy and the kids. Then I made the grandchildren Christmas pjs. A gown for Hailey, that, may I say, looks beautiful on her and matching pants for Erik and Noah with green t-shirts. They all looked so cute. Christmas pjs are a family tradition :) Oh, and I got my Christmas present early... a new sewing machine :) Thanks, Hon!!

Christmas day....see Christmas 2005 part 2

Other little fun memories: playing shark with Hailey, being with the kids alone for a few minutes each morning, Erik coming out of the bedroom first thing in the morning, draped in his blanket (like a ghost) and me checking to see if the "blanket" would giggle then "finding" Erik in the blanket. Noah's giggle and big eyes, "yucky charms", "fute loops", "I get 1,2,3 m&ms" playing games, eating Aut's brownies (oh yum) listening to Andy play his guitar, cooking with Dawn, being teased and teasing Matt (I'm very gullible, aren't I Matt :) ) I could go on and on but real "normal" life has returned and I must wake "Sleeping Beauty". Will do part two later :)

2 comments:

Autumn said...

mmm brownies, you are tormenting me

Kathie said...

both of us, apparently. I'm on my 3rd sugar-free day :)