Friday, January 13, 2006

Spiritual this and that

A couple of years ago Janet bought me a book called "The Valley of Vision". It is a book of prayers. I have sort of looked at it a few times but decided this year I was going to read a prayer a day. I want to share a couple of excerpts that have been meaningful to me.
Under the heading of "The Divine Will":
"If Thy mercy make me poor and vile, bless be thou!
Prayers arising from my needs are preparations for future mercies;
Help me to honor thee by believing before I feel, for great is the sin if I
make feeling a cause of faith."
There is another one, I was going to post but it is a whole prayer actually. I'm not sure if it is right(legal) to type the whole thing out in this venue. If you want to see it, let me know and I will e-mail it...that isn't so public and I think that would be okay.
I also would like to recommend another blog: http://girltalk.blogs.com/ It is the blog of Carolyn Mahaney and her girls. They are sometimes fun, sometimes practicle(spelling?) spiritually focused and down to earth (read, real). I'm enjoying that blog alot. They have some really good thoughts on fear.
These last several days have been exciting for me because God has given me a real desire to meet with Him each day and....I've been doing it. We serve such a wonderful, awesome God!!!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I've been reading bits o' the girltalk blog... are you part of the 5:00 Club? I have been toying with the idea but this was not a good week to start!