Monday, November 21, 2005

Time for Thanks Giving

I was reading a post by one of the guys in our youth group and he was making a list of things he is thankful for. What a great idea. So here is mine and I'm challenging anyone who reads my blog to do the same. God is so good to us, lets praise Him for it!

1)First and formost I'm thankful for my Savior! Why would God choose me out of billions of people? I'm overwhelmed by His love

2)My husband, in so many ways he shows me the love of Christ by loving me when I am unlovable. Thank you Hon!!!

3)My three beautiful, wonderful girls (Autumn, Dawn and Hope). They challenge me, teach me and bring me much joy and pride

4)My 3 and 2/3 grandchildren (one will be coming in March) They make me smile and bring me joy. People said there is nothing like being a grandparent...they are right.

5)My parents, they are my good friends. They are examples of godly living

6)My mentor, Diane. She loves me enough to tell me the truth even though it might hurt...she knows it is for my good and Gods glory

7)My dear sweet freinds...there are several. God uses them to encourage me. They are His shoulder when I need to cry or His arms when I need a hug

8)My church...What a blessing our church is, that sounds very cliche' but I go to a unique church with incredible leadership

9)My extended family (bros, sister, sisters in law, sons in law) I'm so glad we are a close (for the most part) family

10)Last the material blessing from the Lord-my home, my van, daily provision of clothing and food, most of my wants, all of my needs

There are ten, I could go on and on...like I'm thankful for technology that allows me to talk to Autumn and Dawn daily. I think you get the point. God is beyond good and gracious to us. The fact that we awaken every morning with our heart beating and our lungs taking in air is His grace. Praise Him!!!!!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

cool idea for a post, I'll do it too :)

Dawn said...

I accept the challenge! And again, I think you named your daughters with such beautiful names! They sound even better when said together!

Autumn said...

time for a new post yet? :)