Monday, May 12, 2008

A Thousand Thank-yous pt 4

We went to Texarkana on Saturday for our niece's baptism. I was a bit sad because from her "testimony" it seems she only made a profession of faith so she can see her dad in heaven one day. I hope that isn't the only reason. Before we left I prayed and asked the Lord to hold off the bad weather till we were home :) He said sure so that is where I start my thanks today.
41)God said okay, to holding the weather off till we got home on Saturday
42)Cloudy but not rainy travel weather (no glare from the sun)
43)Wildflowers growing in the median and the fields
44)The song "Fairest Lord Jesus" on the cd while we are passing the above fields giving me a great picture of what Jesus is fairer than (make sense?)
45)I'm finished painting the dining room (pics coming soon)
46)I love the color of my dining room
47)That no one was hurt when the top of my china hutch fell
48)That the stuff that did break is easily replaceable
49)That a long time ago Mom reminded me that is it just things (thanks Mom, I remember that often. It has saved me alot of heartache and protected my mouth from sin)
50)For various sweet family members who gave me Mother's day gifts(will post some pics there too)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I never have forgotten Nonie's motto of "It's just a thing." It has saved me from alot of angry words and actions, too. Most recently the week-old-cell-phone-dunk. :-P Thanks, Nonie!

Rob Bailey said...

i've never noticed the color of any dining room

Autumn said...

what else? (is your head better yet?)