Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Thousand Thank-yous

A friend of mine is posting one thousand things for which she is thankful. I thought/think it is a good exercise in gratitude, something I struggle with. I take so much for granted. I don't know how long this will take or even if I will finish (1000 is alot, but I have alot to be thankful for, right?) So here we go.

1)Being the first one up in the morning
2)The birds singing the "Dawn Chorus"
3)My salvation (should that be first?)
4)My husband caulking the dining room so I can paint tomorrow
5)The overwhelming smell of honeysuckle when I open my front door :)
6)Our homeschooling community
7)My Bible (all the copies I own)
8)Chocolate
9)Videos of Judah belly laughing
10)The way Noah says "bird", and similar sounding words

More later :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Ooo, I like this idea. Thinking about what I'm thankful for and posting it will be a good battle against those times when I'm in a "funk." :-)