Friday, November 05, 2010

November 5 thanksgiving

Today I'm thankful for the Lord's teaching, leading and conviction. I think conviction is a sign that we are His children. If we go through life without a care as to what the Lord cares or thinks about our life or how we are living then we need to take a second look as to whether we are in the faith. So, I'm thankful for conviction, even when it really hurts. I'm grateful for the Lord's leading and teaching too. I have been suffering with a horrid cough for about 6 weeks. In the last week or so I have had the thought that maybe this is the new normal for me. My prayer is that I will get better and stop coughing but I also thought about what if I don't get better? Will I be willing to accept this from the Lord's hand? It is a hard thing to think about since at this point, exercise is out of the question and singing is very hard. I want to be accepting of the Lord's will whatever it is.... even a lot of coughing and shortness of breath. I'm thankful for these thoughts because I know that it is through the power of the Holy Spirit that I can even think about accepting a new normal and this makes me thankful. It confirms to me that the Lord is really working and that makes me thankful.

No comments: