Monday, November 01, 2010

Taking a suggestion from a friend

I have one friend who suggested that for the month of November to blog every day about something we are thankful for, it is the month of thanks. I have another friend who blogs her thanks and numbers them.... she does it off and on all year. I'm going to try for each day this month. I hope my few (any?) readers don't faint :D

I'm thankful for computers and the internet. I know a lot of people use them for evil but a lot of people use them for good. There are several blogs I read that the Lord uses to convict and correct me. Yes, I am thankful for that, painful as it is at times. A computer and the internet allow me to keep in close contact with my far away family. We chat, web cam, e-mail, exchange pictures. It would be so hard to not be so connected. Think how quickly Facebook allows prayer requests to get out, so we can pray for our brothers and sisters. This week I needed to seek advice from a trusted friend in a very far away place. I was able to do that through the computer and the internet. I need to remember, when I sit down at my computer, to thank the Lord. It was the Lord that gave men the knowledge to come up with what we have.... it is so easy to take it for granted. Are you thankful for computers and the internet? Have you thanked the right One for it?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yes, VEEERY thankful for this!!! ;-)